How you can easily install your water2buy water softener
Our new video easily demonstrates installing your water2buy water softener.
1) Before you begin install please make sure you have read the water2buy installation policy in your product manual. All installations should comply with all local codes, regulations and ordinances. This video should be used as a guide only.
2) Turn off the water mains and release the water pressure by turning on the cold-water kitchen tap.
3) Decide on where you want to locate your water softener, usually a water softener is located where the mains water enters your home. Typical locations include, under the kitchen sink, Basement or the Pumphouse. You will need to locate near a power source and drainage.
4) Cut the incoming water mains pipe before any branches of the mains water pipe to ensure the whole house has softened water.
5) Install an elbow joint on your mains water pipe at both ends of the cut.
6) Your local regulations may require you to install a non-return valve on your mains water pipe.
7) Connect the mains water pipe to the water inlet on the control valve. It’s important that you check the water directional flow arrows on your unit.
8) Connect the water return hose from the control valve back to the main water pipe supplying the house.
9) Drill a 15mm hole through the outside wall for a waste pipe
10) Drill another15mm hole through the outside wall for the overflow pipe
11) Locate the waste fitting on the control valve
12) Using 15mm tubing, connect the waste fitting on the control valve to a suitable drain outside the building.
13) The waste pipe should not be connected directly to the drain; a 15mm air gap should be left between the waste pipe and the drain.
14) Locate the overflow fitting on your tank; your overflow fitting may need to be reversed as it is usually turned inside during transport. Using 15mm tubing connect the overflow fitting to a suitable location outside the building. The overflow and the waste pipe should not be joined together
15) Fill the tank with water softener salt. Salt levels need to be maintained at approximately 100mm above the bottom of the tank and 50mm from the top of the tank
16) Add 3-4 litres of water into the tank on top of the salt
17) Turn back on the mains water.
18) Plug-in your water2buy water softener.
19) Check all connections for leaks.
20) Proceed with configuring the settings on your unit. Refer to your product manual for guidance.
Thanks again for choosing water2buy.