Finding the Ideal Location for a Water Softener
- The ideal location for a water softener is on the level floor near the main water line.
- Also make sure the place is safe from freezing, direct water spray, and sunlight.
- Softeners need to be placed near the power supply and have a drain for the wastewater.
- If your water is supplied from a well, the entry point is generally next to the pressure tank.
- If your home is supplied with city water, this will be near the water meter.
- The size and type of water softener will determine how much space is needed for the installation.