1. Add two liters of water into the cabinet at the time of installation. This is for the unit to achieve proper capacity in the first time of regeneration.
2. Plug the power transformer into an approved power source. Connect the power cord to the valve.
3. When power is supplied to the control, the screen will may display “WAITING PLEASE” while it finds the service position.
4. Manually step the valve to the BACKWASH position. If screen is locked, the screen will display “SCREEN LOCKED”. Follow the instructions below to step the valve to BACKWASH position. As the valve arrives at BACKWASH position, unplug the power and let valve stay at BACKWASH position.
4.1 Press and hold “Menu” key for 5s to unlock.
4.2 Press and hold “Set/Regen.” key to enter Manual Regen. display. Press “Set/ Regen.” key again to activate Manual Regen. option.
4.3 Press “Up” or “Down” key to select Immediate Regen. option.
4.4 Press “Menu” key to start an Immediate Regen.
5. Once in the BACKWASH cycle, open the inlet on the bypass valve slowly and allow water to enter the unit. Allow all air to escape from the unit before turning the water on fully then allow water to run to drain for 3-4 minutes or until all media fines are washed out of the softener indicated by clear water in the drain hose.
6. Replug the power, press any button to advance to the BRINE position, once it arrives at BRINE position, press any button to advance to the RINSE position. Check the drain line flow. Allow the water to run for 3-4 minutes or until the water is clear.
7. Press any button to advance to the REFILL position. Check that the valve is filling water into the brine tank. Allow the valve to refill for the full amount of time as displayed on the screen to insure a proper brine solution for the next regeneration.
8. The valve will automatically advance to the SERVICE position. Open the outlet knob on the bypass with the bypass tool supplied. With the bypass open, open the nearest treated water faucet and allow the water to run until clear.
9. Add salt into the cabinet. Put 16 kgs of crystal water softener salt in the 0817 softener cabinet. The unit will automatically fill the water to the correct level when it regenerates.
10. Program unit.
LIQUID BRINE WILL IRRITATE EYES, SKIN AND OPEN WOUNDS – GENTLYWASH EXPOSED AREA WITH FRESH WATER. KEEP CHILDREN AWAY FROM YOUR WATER CONDITIONER.
AUTOMATIC RAW WATER BYPASS DURING REGENERATION
The regeneration cycle can last 60 minutes after which Softenered water service will be restored. During regeneration, un-Softenered water is automatically bypassed for use in the household. Hot water should be used as little as possible during this time to prevent un-Softenered water from filling the water heater. This is why automatic regeneration is set for sometime during the night and manual regenerations should be performed when little or no water will be used in the household.