Softec Resin Cleaner will chemically clean a fouled resin bed of a water softener and restore the exchange capacity of the resin. Most types of water softening resins can become fouled with iron and other contaminants that will affect the performance of the ion exchange system. Iron fouling can cause channeling, pressure drop, loss of capacity, hardness and iron leakage. Regular use of Pro-Res Care will minimize fouling and extend the resin life in the water softener.
- Prevents iron and mineral build-up on integral parts of the softener.
- Removes iron and aluminum fouling that causes lost capacity and a decrease in performance.
- A non-ionic surfactant is added to aid in the cleaning of oil fouled resin.
Pour 1/3 of the solution directly into the softener when the salt is low and stir the water and salt solution. Then, do a manual regeneration on your water softener. After the regeneration cycle completes, make sure that the solution has passed completely through, by running the cold water tap nearest to the softener until the water tastes, smells and appears normal. Its recommended to repeat this process 2-3 times per year.
- Add 1/2 oz. (1 Tbsp.) per cu. ft. to brine well before each regeneration.
Automatic Feeder Systems:
- Follow recommended dosage and feed rates specified by manufacturer or supplier.
- Height: 260mm/10.2inch
- Diameter: 90mm/3.5inch
- gr net real: 946
- A liquid Phosphoric Acid mixture.
- Softec resin cleaner is not to be used with Gel Zeolite materials.
- Phosphoric Acid Â– CAS# 7664-38-2
- Polyether Polyol Â– CAS# 53637-25-5
Storage and Handling:
- Store in unopened containers under cool, dry conditions.
- Do not store with or close to strong bases.
- Read relevant Material Safety Data Sheet before handling product.